Descendants of Nathaniel Reuben Keith
and Submitted by Rex Alexander
contact the submitter with questions or comments.
Generation No. 1
1. NATHANIEL REUBEN5 KEITH (REUBEN4, REUBEN3, JAMES2, CORNELIUS1) was born 1816 in Grantham City, NC, and died Abt. 1865 in North Carolina. He married LUCY.
Children of NATHANIEL KEITH and LUCY are:
i. THOMAS6 KEITH, b. 1834, North Carolina.
2. ii. ELIZABETH KEITH, b. 1835, North Carolina.
iii. WILLIAM KEITH, b. 1836, NC.
3. iv. GABRIEL PINCKNEY KEITH, b. 1838, Kentucky/Tennessee; d. Abt. 1900, ?.
v. MARGARET KEITH, b. Abt. 1840.
vi. MARY KEITH, b. 1843.
4. vii. NATHANIEL JACKSON KEITH, b. 1849; d. 1917, HamiltonCounty, TN.
Generation No. 2
2. ELIZABETH6 KEITH (NATHANIEL REUBEN5, REUBEN4, REUBEN3, JAMES2, CORNELIUS1) was born 1835 in North Carolina. She married UNMARRIED.
Child of ELIZABETH KEITH and UNMARRIED is:
i. ANNIE7 KEITH, b. February 10, 1862; m. SAMUEL WESLEY BRYANT.
More About ANNIE KEITH:
Burial: Grey Cemetery/Bakewell, TN
More About SAMUEL WESLEY BRYANT:
Burial: Grey Cemetery/Bakewell, TN
3. GABRIEL PINCKNEY6 KEITH (NATHANIEL REUBEN5, REUBEN4, REUBEN3, JAMES2, CORNELIUS1) was born 1838 in Kentucky/Tennessee, and died Abt. 1900 in ?. He married ELIZA JANE FULLER August 10, 1858 in Blount County, Tennessee, daughter of JOHN FULLER and ALICE. She was born 1831 in Tennessee, and died Abt. 1900 in Hamilton County, TN.
More About GABRIEL PINCKNEY KEITH:
Residence: 1880, Listed in Hamilton County, TN living next to daughter, Susan) and husband James T. Alexander
Children of GABRIEL KEITH and ELIZA FULLER are:
i. JOHN HARVEY7 KEITH, b. 1859, Blount County, TN; d. Abt. 1912, Sale Creek, TN; m. SARAH ELIZABETH PARKS; b. February 01, 1865, Hamilton County, TN; d. June 12, 1936, Alabama.
Burial: Welsh Cemetery, Sale Creek, Tennessee More About SARAH ELIZABETH PARKS:
5. ii. SUSAN JANE KEITH, b. April 1862, Blount County, Tennessee; d. 1908, Bakewell, Tennessee.
6. iii. SAMUEL ROBERT KEITH, b. May 1865; d. 1926.
7. iv. MELISSA TENNESSEE KEITH, b. 1871, Hamilton County, TN; d. 1945, Patterson Cemetery/Sale Creek, TN.
v. THOMAS JACKSON KEITH, b. 1872; d. 1939, Hamilton County, TN; m. (1) HANNAH BISHOP; b. TN; d. TN; m. sister (2) MARTHA BISHOP.
4. NATHANIEL JACKSON6 KEITH (NATHANIEL REUBEN5, REUBEN4, REUBEN3, JAMES2, CORNELIUS1) was born 1849, and died 1917 in HamiltonCounty, TN. He married (1) HANNAH LOCKMILLER. He married (2) JESSIE LOCKMILLER.
Children of NATHANIEL KEITH and JESSIE LOCKMILLER are:
i. ERNEST7 KEITH.
ii. ROY KEITH.
iii. LILLIE KEITH, m. ..MEESE.
iv. FLORENCE KEITH, m. ACE NEWMAN.
v. BELLE KEITH, m. ? SCHMID.
vi. LORA MAE KEITH, m. ? HACKNEY.
8. vii. THOMAS B. KEITH, b. 1914, Hamilton County, TN; d. March 1989.
Generation No. 3
5. SUSAN JANE7 KEITH (GABRIEL PINCKNEY6, NATHANIEL REUBEN5, REUBEN4, REUBEN3, JAMES2, CORNELIUS1) was born April 1862 in Blount County, Tennessee, and died 1908 in Bakewell, Tennessee. She married JAMES THOMAS ALEXANDER 1877 in Blount County, TN, son of JOHN ALEXANDER and BARBARA SMITH. He was born August 1844 in Concord, Tennessee, and died 1904 in Bakewell, Tennessee.
More About JAMES THOMAS ALEXANDER:
AKA (Facts Pg): RCA proved his middle name was "Thomas" not "Madison"
Burial: Hughes Cemetery, Bakewell, Tennessee
Civil War-CSA: Bet. 1863 - 1864, POW Vicksburg, MS Captured July 4, Released July 10, 1864
Genealogy Data Source: Civil War Record/Census/ Death certificate of his son.
Children of SUSAN KEITH and JAMES ALEXANDER are:
9. i. JAMES ALBERT8 ALEXANDER, b. September 1877.
ii. JOHN ELIAS ALEXANDER, b. November 1880; m. MATTIE SPRADLING.
iii. MOLLIE JANE ALEXANDER, b. November 1884; d. 1957; m. DAVE L. GOTHARD; b. 1886; d. 1950.
10. iv. SAMUEL LOGAN PINCKNEY ALEXANDER, b. July 24, 1887, Bakewell, Tennessee; d. October 02, 1936, Sale Creek, Tennessee.
v. LIZA C. ALEXANDER, b. Bet. 1887 - 1888; m. ELBERT ROGERS.
11. vi. THOMAS JACKSON ALEXANDER, b. September 05, 1889, Hamilton County, TN; d. July 05, 1959, Daisy, TN.
vii. WILLIAM S. ALEXANDER, b. September 1891; d. May 1982; m. LILLIE COUCH; b. 1896; d. 1973.
viii. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN ALEXANDER, b. November 1893; m. MARTHA JONES.
More About BENJAMIN FRANKLIN ALEXANDER:Burial: Chattanooga National Cemetery, TN
ix. CHARLEY S. ALEXANDER, b. 1895; m. GLADYS.
12. x. MARGARET FRANCES ALEXANDER, b. October 16, 1896; d. October 16, 1964.
xi. KATE ALEXANDER, b. July 1899; m. LEONARD JONES.
xii. MARIE ELIZABETH ALEXANDER, b. May 26, 1904; d. January 19, 1989; m. GEORGE LEE.
6. SAMUEL ROBERT7 KEITH (GABRIEL PINCKNEY6, NATHANIEL REUBEN5, REUBEN4, REUBEN3, JAMES2, CORNELIUS1) was born May 1865, and died 1926. He married MARY BISHOP. She was born May 1878. Mary was buried in Burial: Graysville, TN
Children of SAMUEL KEITH and MARY BISHOP are:
i. JAMES8 KEITH.
13. ii. ANNIE KEITH, d. Sale Creek, TN.
iii. MARGARET KEITH, m. ? SULLIVAN.
iv. REUBEN KEITH, b. 1890; m. GLADYS ?.
v. EDNA KEITH, b. 1896; m. (1) ED ROSE; m. (2) ..PRESSLER.
vi. ROBERT KEITH, b. 1909; m. PAULINE HODGE.
7. MELISSA TENNESSEE7 KEITH (GABRIEL PINCKNEY6, NATHANIEL REUBEN5, REUBEN4, REUBEN3, JAMES2, CORNELIUS1) was born 1871 in Hamilton County, TN, and died 1945 in Patterson Cemetery/Sale Creek, TN. She married LEWIS GIBSON. He was born 1867, and died 1949.
LEWIS GIBSON: Burial: Patterson Cemetery/Sale Creek, TN
Child of MELISSA KEITH and LEWIS GIBSON is:
14. i. TOM8 KEITH.
8. THOMAS B.7 KEITH (NATHANIEL JACKSON6, NATHANIEL REUBEN5, REUBEN4, REUBEN3, JAMES2, CORNELIUS1) was born 1914 in Hamilton County, TN, and died March 1989. He married IRENE BROWN. He was buried in Chattanooga, Tn March 04, 1989
Children of THOMAS KEITH and IRENE BROWN are:
i. PAUL8 KEITH.
ii. RAYMOND KEITH.
iii. JACK KEITH.
iv. THOMAS W. KEITH.
v. HELEN KEITH, m. ?DAUGHERTY.
vi. RUTH KEITH, m. ? BAILEY.
vii. BARBARA KEITH.
All information of future generations may be found in Descendants of John Alexander