Descendants of Edward D. Westmoreland
and Submitted by Rex Alexander
contact the submitter with questions or comments.
Generation No. 1
1. EDWARD D.1 WESTMORELAND was born Abt. 1798 in NC. He married REBECCA HACKNEY March 17, 1822 in Blount County, TN. She was born January 13, 1804, and died Abt. 1865.
Child of EDWARD WESTMORELAND and REBECCA HACKNEY is:
2. i. SARAH ANN2 WESTMORELAND, b. Abt. 1823, Tennessee; d. Abt. 1864, Hamilton County, TN.
Generation No. 2
2. SARAH ANN2 WESTMORELAND (EDWARD D.1) was born Abt. 1823 in Tennessee, and died Abt. 1864 in Hamilton County, TN. She married FRANCIS MARION CAPPS, SR Abt. 1838 in Probably Jackson County, AL, son of HENRY CAPPS and CHEROKEE EMMA. He was born January 19, 1815 in Mecklenburg, North Carolina, and died September 06, 1892 in Sale Creek, TN.
OUR CAPPS ANCESTRY
"Maker of Capps"
(from the invading Norman's)
Children of SARAH WESTMORELAND and FRANCIS CAPPS are:
i. REBECCA ANN3 CAPPS, b. 1838, Alabama.
3. ii. ELLEN JANE CAPPS, b. September 1841, North Carolina; d. 1917, Sale Creek, Tennessee.
iii. WILLIAM FOSTER CAPPS, b. 1845, Hamilton County, TN.
Civil War-CSA: 1864, Died in Nashville, TN-age 19
iv. JAMES HENDERSON CAPPS, b. 1849, Hamilton County, TN.
Civil War-CSA: 1864, age 15 Died in Nashviille, TN
v. MARTHA CATHERINE CAPPS, b. Abt. 1850, Hamilton County, TN.
vi. FRANCIS MARION CAPPS, JR, b. 1854, Hamilton County, TN.
vii. SARAH ELIZABETH CAPPS, b. 1859.
Generation No. 3
3. ELLEN JANE3 CAPPS (SARAH ANN2 WESTMORELAND, EDWARD D.1) was born September 1841 in North Carolina, and died 1917 in Sale Creek, Tennessee. She married JOHN WESLEY GENTRY 1867, son of JOHN GENTRY and JANE FRANKLIN. He was born September 1838 in Georgia, and died February 14, 1919 in Sale Creek, TN. Both buried in Welsh Cemetery.
All information of the future generations can be found in Descendants of John Gentry