Walden's Ridge and the "W" Road
From a Picture Post Card 1907
The "W", Walden's Ridge
Walden's Ridge is the table-land of the East Cumberland, which rises gradually between the valleys of the Sequatchie and the Tennessee. The "W" on the Ridge was erected about 1898, when the county constructed a magnificent boulevard, 12 miles in length from the city to the brow of the mountain.
This postcard was mailed by Seaborn "Burch" Seymour of Elberton, GA to his brother C. D. Seymour of Harewood, WV. Postmarked at Chattanooga, TN December 27, 1907. Seaborn was on his way to visit another of his brothers when he mailed the postcard.
Submitted by Gloria Shafer Seymour